Journey across one of the most diverse and spectacular African countries in style with this luxurious safari adventure. Explore the ancient and modern landscapes in Namibia as you travel with an expert private tour guide across rolling dunes, vast desert valleys, ancient natural phenomena and colonial heritage. Namibia has something to offer every traveller regardless of travel experience and this once-in-a-lifetime tour provides visitors with the very best that this country has to offer.
- Warmly welcomed at Hosea Kutako International Airport by your private guide
- Spend the day in Windhoek
- Overnight: Am Weinberg Estate’s Boutique Hotel
Welcome to beautiful Windhoek and the beginning of your luxury tour around Namibia. You will be greeted at the airport by your private guide who will be with you for your entire stay in Namibia. You will be driven from the airport to your accommodation in Windhoek; Am Weinberg Estate’s Boutique Hotel where you will be given the opportunity to settle in and take some time to explore the city.
A sprawling metropolis, Windhoek is the capital of Namibia and is usually the first destination visitors will arrive at. The city offers diverse cultural activities and huge craft markets where everything from pottery, leatherwork, beer, needlework produced by local women, woven textiles and much more is available for sale. Spend your first evening relaxing with your guide discussing the itinerary for your trip and enjoy your first night in Namibia.
- Drive from Windhoek to Sossusvlei
- Activities across the two days include: a trip out to Sossusvlei, Living Dunes, Desert People, Desert Rock, Desert Drive, Big Dune Walk, Stargazing and Self Exploration (E-biking and Hiking) all subject to availability.
- Overnight: andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
Days two and three of your tour will be spent at Sossusvlei, a magnificent salt pan located within the Namib-Naukluft National Park. Here you will have stunning views across some of the largest free-standing sand dunes, rising 300m into the beautiful blue African sky. You will be staying at the andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge where you will be reconnecting with nature as you immerse yourself in the tranquil desert atmosphere channelled by the design of the lodge.
You will participate in planned activities designed to bring you out into nature in peaceful and thrilling ways. The desert landscape surrounding the lodge can be explored on foot with expert guides or using quad bikes for a faster and hair-raising experience. For a more romantic adventure at andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, you will have the opportunity to gaze at the stars with a professional astronomer.
- Scenic drive from Sossusvlei to Swakopmund
- Guided activities in and around Swakopmund
- Overnight: Strand Hotel
Days four and five of your journey around Namibia will take you to the coast. You bid farewell to magical Sossusvlei and take a scenic drive through the impressive Gaub and Kuiseb canyons. Your drive will take you to the port town of Walvis Bay to the lagoon where you will see an interesting mix of sea birds including pelicans and flamingos, before finally arriving in Swakopmund and the Strand Hotel.
The quaint coastal town of Swakopmund is rich with German colonial heritage, featuring cobbled streets and some of the best beer in Africa. Your two nights stay here will include a seal and dolphin cruise giving you the perfect opportunity to spot and photograph cape fur seals, dolphins, pelicans, flamingos, whales, leather backed turtles and sunfish. The cruise also includes refreshments of fresh oysters and sparkling wine to ensure you have an extra special time.
After the cruise you will have time to explore Walvis Bay and Swakopmund, enjoying the sights, smells and sounds of this beautiful African town. Whilst you have no planned activities for this part of your journey, recommended activities (at extra cost) have been provided to help guide you experience.
- Swakopmund Museum: Founded by local German dentist Dr Alfons Weber in 1951, the privately run museum focuses on cultural artefacts, local flora and fauna, and geological finds. The unusual founding of this African and German influenced museum make it one of the must stop destinations for any visitor to Swakopmund.
- Quad-biking: This two-hour tour takes thrill seekers out into the desert on easy-to-handle quad bikes with a professional guide to ensure the group are kept safe. This activity is suitable for all travellers, from those who are experienced with quad bikes to those discovering them for the first time and makes a fun addition to any tour around the Namibian desert.
- Woermannhaus: One of the most famous German colonial buildings in Swakopmund, visitors can take a tour around this historic building and visit the library and art gallery that are located inside. This stop in Swakopmund is a must for any architecture lover.
- Skydiving: For the very adventurous traveller Swakopmund offers visitors a skydiving experience with stunning views across the colonial town.
- Drive from Swakopmund north-west towards Twyfelfontein
- Nature drive along the Aba Huab River valley
- Nature walks with your private guide
- Excursion to Twyfelfontein
- Overnight: Camp Onduli
Days six and seven of your Namibian adventure will take you deeper into the wilderness where you will have the opportunity to get up close with the animals and bizarre plants who call the desert their home. Nearby is the famous Brandberg mountain, the highest in Namibia and home to numerous ancient rock paintings. Other pieces of rock art can be found at the rocky outcrops of Twyfelfontein where you will find the bushmen engravings, considered the best-preserved carvings across all of Africa. For wildlife seekers the near barren landscape is home to several species of specially adapted animals; elephants, rhinos, zebras and lions to name a few.
During your two night stay you will be taken down the valley in a 4×4 searching for game and exploring hidden nooks and crannies of the desert floor to find the most unusual desert life. You will have opportunities to explore the landscape with your guide and visit all the stunning locations at your own pace.
- Journey from Camp Onduli to Etosha Heights Private Reserve
- Overnight: Etosha Heights Safarihoek Lodge
The next stage in your journey takes you further north towards the Etosha National Park. Along the way you will explore the farming regions of Khorixas and Outjo as well as journeying through the Petrified Forest. A unique experience, the Petrified Forest is a landscape of fossilised tree trunks dating back millions of years that were believed to have been carried down to their final resting place by a huge flood.
Once you reach Etosha National Park you will turn into Etosha Heights Safarihoek Lodge. Whilst at the lodge you will take part in activities (including nature walks and photography excursions) with your guide whilst situated in this stunning wildlife reserve.
- Private Game Safari
- Exploration of Etosha National Park
- Overnight: Onguma The Fort
Begin day nine in style with a private game safari on Etosha National Park. You will enter and cross the park through Okaukuejo, Halali, and Namutoni, stopping at several watering holes and watching the animals that gather there. Towards the end of the day, you will exit the park on the eastern side via the Von Lindquist Gate where you will arrive at your accommodation, Onguma The Fort, in time for dinner.
Your second day at Onguma is your chance to go out with your guide and explore the national park further. Visit the immense salt pans that cover the area, especially recommended after heavy rain because they form beautiful lakes that attract perfect, candy-floss pink flamingos. Cross the grassy plains and see how many different animals you can spot: the big five (elephants, lions, leopards, black rhinos and buffalo), giraffes, black-faced impala, Hartmann’s mountain zebra, damara dik-dik (world’s smallest antelope) and black-backed jackals to name a few.
- Visit the AfriCat Foundation
- Night wildlife drive
- Overnight: Okonjima Bush Suite
Your final full day on your luxury Namibian tour will take you to the AfriCat Foundation. The AfriCat Foundation supports the largest population of wildcats in Namibia. This stunning location is home to cheetahs, leopards, lions, caracal, wild dogs and hyenas. Adventures on this site include tracking cheetahs and leopards on foot, birdwatching and participating in the Bushmen Trail, following a day in the life of the indigenous San Bushmen.
After relaxing over dinner in the Okonjima Bush Suite you are taken back out for a drive under the stars to view the nocturnal behaviour of the majestic predators around you. The magnificence of the desert around you will give you a feeling of total serenity under the stars.
- Drive through Okahandja
- Arrival at Windhoek
On this, your final day in Namibia, you will be driven back to Windhoek from Okonjima. The drive will take you through Okahandja where you will have a final chance to experience Namibian culture in the craft markets. You will arrive at Windhoek late afternoon where you will be bid a very fond farewell.